Sunday, February 24, 2013

Cappex: College Search Made Simple

I don't know about anyone else, but as far as I'm concerned, scholarships would be a BIG help going to college. I wish I had known at the beginning of my sophomore year what I know now: the earlier you start looking at scholarships, the better. There are some scholarships that you can apply for as early as 9th grade, even middle school! I didn't get started looking for scholarships until near the end of my junior year, and I wish that I had started earlier.

The search for scholarships can be pretty difficult. There are plenty out there that you can qualify for, some that have specific requirements that not a lot of people can meet, but you do. It works in the reverse too, though, which can really complicate searches. I remember thinking to myself, "There has to be a better way." So I browsed around the internet, asking people what they thought the best scholarship search engine was, and most people recommended Cappex.com.






Cappex is a website that not only helps you find scholarships, but also helps you find and compare colleges. It is really easy to sign up, but you definitely want to take a good 20 minutes to fill in all of your information. Cappex finds scholarships for you based on not only your academics and extracurricular activities/clubs, but also on your hobbies, medical conditions (familial and personal), and even on the occupations in your family. Fill out your profile with as much information as possible. You can always update it later (I update mine once a month,) but you want to start out with as much as possible.



Once you are signed up, you can explore the site. They match colleges to you, and you can connect with these colleges. Each college has its own profile page with a TON of information in it, including student reviews, admissions information, videos, photos, and more! Once you have found a few that you like, Cappex has a feature that allows you to compare them side-by-side. 
On the scholarship portion, you can organize your scholarship matches by many factors, such as deadline, competition, and the amount of effort needed.

I have been very happy with Cappex. I don't really need any other website to help me with scholarship searches. It's easy to use and chock-full of useful information. I will continue to use Cappex all the way through college (yep, there are scholarships for college students, also!)


No comments:

Post a Comment