Sunday, April 21, 2013

What I Wore: Soft Shell Crab Season



For those of you who don't know, soft shell crabs are just blue crabs that have molted their hard exoskeleton. They are harvested and cooked up before their new exoskeleton has a chance to form. This is a roughly 2-week period out of the year, so they're something of a southern delicacy. The best way to eat them is fried. And Dockside has the biggest and the best. 

This year, Dockside is making fried soft shell crab sliders. I was craving them SO BAD that I completely forgot to take a picture before I practically inhaled it. I swear, they are one of my favorite things to eat.


Okay, I'm not even going to lie to you and tell you I wore these shorts today. It was like... 65 degrees out. But it was REALLY hot in my house. So before we left to go to Dockside for dinner, I changed into a pair of skinnies and my new booties.


These booties are amazing. They've got a 5-inch heel, which makes me 5'6" which is a blessing to me. And the best part is, I got them for $20.99 (normally $68.99)!!!


Shirt: Thrifted & DIY 
(This is the shirt I wore for #VoicesDoLesMis. All I did was wash it, remove the sleeves, and hem the armholes!)
Jeans: City Streets
Necklace: Freedom Divine (this was a recent gift from Joe)

~♥
Gabby 

No comments:

Post a Comment