Saturday, June 8, 2013

What I Wore: I'm A Graduate!


I'm Wearing: Dress/ Mossimo Clothing Co; Shoes/ Easy Street; Bag/ Coach; Belt/ Urban Outfitters; Earrings/ Purple Paparazzi

Phew! This week has been a busy one! The whole week was full of graduation practices and preparations. Above is a photo of myself and one of my best friends, Billie, at our Senior Night on Tuesday. This was basically the night they announced a lot of scholarships and gave out cords. I received a cord for French Honor Society, which I was very excited about. All-in-all, the Class of 2013 broke a record, receiving more then $8 Million in scholarships! It was a really great feat for us.


From Left to Right: Rebecca, Rhianna, Me, Ashley, and Valencia.  
Wednesday morning, before graduation practice, we participated in the Passing of the Mantle, a tradition at my school where the seniors relinquish their spots and the juniors rise up to take their place. It was a little bittersweet to see m junior friends taking their places where I had been just 1 short year before.

My Junior Babies!

 And then came the day itself. Thursday, June 06, 2013. The day I graduated from Beaufort High School with High Honors. 
It's still really weird for me to think that I have already graduated. On one hand, it feels  like it happened too soon. On the other, I feel like I should have graduated a long time ago. Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff.

Blurry me, courtesy of my mom. Awkward face courtesy of feeling my cap sliding off of my head as I walked.

Thanks to the wonderful Tropical Storm Andrea, we had to have our graduation indoors. (On a side note, I can also thank TS Andrea for making my hair go from perfectly straight, glossy, and lovely to frizzy and wavy. C'est la vie.)


This was also my VERY last time singing with the Voices as a member of the choir. Now, I'm a Voices Alumni. That's so strange! We sang "In My Life" by The Beatles, which was pretty much perfect, as well as the Alma Mater and "The Lord Bless You and Keep You." (Traditions!)

Our Salutatorian, Michael Cook.
Our Salutatorian was Michael Cook. I've known Michael since elementary school. He did his speech in the form of a monologue (he's a drama student!) He was playing the part of a grandfather telling the story of the Class of 2013 and all that they had accomplished to his grandchildren. It was very touching, personal, and at times downright hilarious!

Our Valedictorian: Adam Lipsitz


Graduated!


Dad and I

All-in-all, graduation was full of wonderful, bittersweet memories. I'm going to miss high school, but I'm ready to take on all of the wonderful things in store for me. 


 ~♥
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment