Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Woman Crush Wednesday: Jennifer Lawrence


Here comes my mini-rant on the lovely Jennifer Lawrence. 




I don't just admire her because she is beautiful, an amazing actress, and plays the main character in the movie rendition of one of my favorite book series. I admire her because she strives to help send a body positive message in the world today. It seems that as the years (even months, even days) go by, there is more and more pressure to reach this image of "perfection."  Almost everyone is guilty of thinking poorly of themselves at some point, myself included.  I read something that Jennifer Lawrence had said somewhere, probably in an interview. 
"In Hollywood, I'm obese. I'm considered a fat actress. I eat like a caveman. I'll be the only actress that doesn't have anorexia rumors! I'm never going to starve myself for a part. I'm invincible. I don't want little girls to be like, 'Oh, I want to look like Katniss, so I'm going to skip dinner!'" 

I love the fact that she is such a down-to-earth person. She isn't afraid to make "unattractive" faces or flip off the camera. She doesn't follow the traditional "Hollywood" standards of Who to Be. She has her own personality and can dish it out faster than anyone can deal it. I think she is the greatest inspiration for teens and young women nowadays to stay true to themselves and be positive about their body images. 



~♥
Gabby

2 comments:

  1. I adore her, too! She's so refreshing and real. :) I especially loved her as Katniss, she plays her exactly as I'd imagine the character to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I was so happy to see her in that role. I thought she was perfect in her role!

      Delete