Friday, September 6, 2013

Blogtember: Fear

A story about a time you were very afraid.

When I was in middle school, we lived in a not-so-great neighborhood, known for being lower-income housing, and such the home to some not-so-savory people and scary events. I remember my brother and I were babysat by a woman up the road, and when mom got back from work late at night, she would come get us and we would walk down the road 3 houses to ours. One night, Mom woke me up and we walked home. I was super exhausted, and didn't even think twice about going inside and getting in bed while mom talked to our neighbor for a second. Next thing I know, a police officer is waking me up and telling me to go outside because they had to search my room. Apparently, our back sliding door was open and the blinds were moving like someone was trying to get in or out, and mom called the police. We had been broken into. Although nothing was stolen or broken, it was really terrifying, and I didn't even want to go inside. 

The next couple of days, mom made some calls to ADT and we got a security system installed. (Which apparently mom set off on accident one night and I slept right through it, haha.)

~♥
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment