Monday, December 16, 2013

When It Rains, It Pours

Is it just me, or do bad things always seem to happen more increasingly as the holiday season draws nearer? Not to mention that things seem so much worse because it IS the holidays. On top of the economy sucking really horribly, having to scramble for gifts for loved ones, and the whole seasonal affective disorder thing, there always seems to be an downpour of really crappy things that happen. And it just so happens that things are hitting extremely close to home this year.

For starters, my mom broke her ankle. Which is just fabulous because now she has to wait on Workman's Comp to get off their butts and send her money to make up for her loss of wages, and even then it won't even be 100% pay (as if we weren't already struggling.) Not only can she not work, but she can't drive and I basically have taken up every single responsibility in the house. It isn't her fault, it's just difficult. She goes in for surgery Wednesday to have a metal plate put in her ankle to stabilize it. But basically the whole thing flushed our holiday savings down the toilet, and I'm worried for my little brother.

And as if that situation weren't stressful enough, Thursday evening, my boyfriend's father passed away in a car accident. It was hard two years ago when he was in another accident. We weren't sure he would make it then, but he did, although his arm was really messed up. He was still recovering. The really messed up thing is that it was in the same spot, which really freaks me out. Joe's working so hard to be strong through this, and I'm doing everything I can, but I can tell he is hurting, even when he hides it. There is a memorial service this Saturday at the beach where we will be spreading his ashes. I feel so upset and guilty because in the three years I have been dating Joe, I never got to meet his dad or even talk to him on the phone. I wanted to, but scheduling and his dad not wanting me to see him until he was better just didn't work out. I wish I had been able to meet him even once.

All I can do at this point is pray that this is the extent of it, because I don't know how much more stress I can handle. I'm already losing a lot of sleep and having trouble eating enough during the day. At least all m finals are over and next semester doesn't begin until January 8. I don't think I could handle college work on top of all of this. I hope everyone else is having a much better holiday season than I am.

Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment