Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Life Lately: Easter Weekend

Skirt/ T.J. Maxx; Leggings/Xhilration; Shoes/ Shoemint

As you all know, this past weekend was Easter weekend. It was also the weekend of the Soft Shell Crab Festival in Port Royal. We had my aunt and uncle and their three kids come in town because one of my cousins absolutely loves soft shell crab, and you can only get them fresh for a couple of weeks every year. Saturday we went down to the festival, which didn't have as much going on as usual because the weather was expected to be rainy. All we got while we were there was a light misting, though. I got to have my first soft shell crab of the year (I absolutely love them also) from the Sea Eagle Market kiosk. There was live music and craftseller booths also. I had heard that there was supposed to be red velvet funnel cake down at one of the kiosks (Hang on, let me wipe the drool from my mouth) but apparently that was false. Boo.
Easter day, we went to the beach for a while just to walk around and ate dinner at Dockside. I got the soft shell crab there, obviously. Theirs is the BEST.


Also... Ta-Da!!! We got a new baby kitten! He's only about 5 weeks old at the most, and absolutely adorable. I'm pretty sure that he has adopted me as his new mommy; he sleeps with me every night all curled up in my armpit or my hair or my neck. (Squealing internally.) We have yet to name him, but I really hope mom lets me choose, because I'm partial to the name Klaus. (See it's like a play on "Claws" but it's pronounced like "cloud" and it's German and adorable but also fitting for a full-grown cat.... I'll stop now.)


Poor quality on the photo but a LOVE these shoes!!!!

Reading: I just finished The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, and now I'm starting on Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen. I'm hoping to make my way through all the big Austen novels this year as a part of my "52 New Books" goal. Also, I preordered the new Mortal Instruments book, and thanks to Amazon, it should be in my hands right on the release day without me ever having to leave the house. Score!

Watching: My newest obsessions are Orphan Black and Bates Motel. I am totally in love with the plot lines and characters of both and really wish there were more seasons. I need more of the clones and the weird Norman/Norma relationship, like, now.

Thinking About: Happiness. Like, true happiness and how to attain it for myself and not necessarily solely through the other people in my life. While I am grateful for the wonderful people in my life, I am beginning to realize that I need to find ways to really achieve happiness for myself on my own. I am considering trying some new things this summer that are a bit out of my comfort zone, but I won't say what because I don't know for sure if I'll be able to push myself that much.

~♥
Gabby

No comments:

Post a Comment