I wanted to take the chance to allow my readers to get to know me better. I feel like even though I write about my life a lot, I may not be getting much of me through. So here are 25 things about yours truly.
- The relationship that I am in now is the only one I have ever had. Joe and I have been dating for 2 years and 8 months, and he really is my best friend. He and I talk so much, even though our schedules rarely allow us to see each other. We are getting better at planning things, but it's still not ideal for either of us. We don't have any pressures and it's very relaxed and easygoing. I don't know what I would do without him.
- I am the oldest of my brothers and sisters. My parents divorced when I was 4. My mom has a son, Ethan. My dad had a son and another daughter, Gage and Minnie.
- I am a terrible arachnaphobe. If it's a spider bigger than about the size of a nickel, you can pretty much guarantee that I'll be screaming and crying. I don't know exactly what it is that makes me so afraid of them. All I know is that if I'm home alone and there's a spider, someone will be on the phone with me, preferably giving me moral support, while I try to kill it from across the room.
- I'm a huge bookworm. If I have the time and the access to books, you'd better believe I will be reading. I'm also a very fast reader. That's not me trying to brag either, just me being serious. When I was 7, I read the 5th Harry Potter book in about 4 1/2 hours. I had been waiting for it to come out, and mom had to bring me shopping, so I literally sat and read while she shopped around. I was finished before we even left Bluffton.
- I cannot eat fruits. I can drink fruit juices. I just can't eat them. It's a texture thing. I love having a juicer now because fruit juices are actually really great!
- I'm a sucker for (some) reality TV shows. I love watching the Kardashians shows. I love the Real Housewives shows (especially Orange County.) I recently started watching the new show Below Deck. It's a guilty pleasure. I guess I crave watching all the drama because of the lack of drama in my own life. Hm.
- I'm really bad at coming up with things to say about myself.
- Really bad.
- In case you haven't already heard, I'm totally obsessed with Doctor Who. My favorite Doctor is 10 (David Tennant) and my favorite companion is either Rose or Amy. And I'm currently dying while waiting for the 50th Anniversary episode. Help please.
- I enjoy just about every kind of music. I'm a little picky about rap though. It has to be a certain way or I can't stand it.
- I can rap "Ice Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice in its entirety. And I'm actually kinda proud of that.
- I have a condition called Chronic Hypokalemia, which is a condition that comes about as an effect of low potassium levels in the body. On occasion, my body will start to go paralyzed because of a lack of potassium. I try to drink as much orange juice as possible, and I have a drinkable potassium medication to take as I need it. It gets worse when I exercise a lot. It's not entirely new in my family. My mom has it also, and a few other women in my family. We think it might be related to our menstrual cycles. (See how many problems Mother Nature straddles women with? Ugh.)
- I'm awful at math. Basic functions, yes. Long division, meh. Fractions, no. Sine, Cosine, Tangent, NO. Anything involved in Geometry...get out. OUT.
- I have a really wide and somewhat messed up sense of humor. I laugh at a lot of things, and I'm not exactly proud of all of them. A lot of "too soon" things.
- Hi, my name is Gabby, and I'm addicted to Candy Crush Saga.
- I may or may not have an obsession with Johnny Depp movies.
- And Tim Burton movies.
- I never learned how to swim. Isn't that grand? I live on the coast and I never learned how to swim.
- I LOVE vintage clothing. Lovelovelove. L-O-V-E.
- I actually really enjoy classic literature. Contrary to popular opinion amongst my peers, I find it to be very inspiring.
- I tend to be very quiet in large groups, even though I love being around a lot of people. I observe and think a lot.
- I'm only 5'1". Probably one of the shortest people I know.
- I'm very hard on myself. I have a bad habit of comparing everything about myself to others and blowing all my imperfections way out of proportion.
- Because of my choir-girl history, I tend to find myself harmonizing with 99% of the music I listen to without realizing it.
- I honestly can't stand being tan. I feel like it doesn't look right on me, and I prefer being pale.